Could you explain : Restrict this session to this IP address. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Could you explain : Restrict this session to this IP address. - Mozilla ; What does this mean, I'm able to login with my same login on two different machines; is this something to avoid somebody from stealing the cookie and try to use it from another machine.... this is not clear for me. ...

  1. Could you explain : Restrict this session to this IP address.

    What does this mean, I'm able to login with my same login on two
    different machines; is this something to avoid somebody from stealing
    the cookie and try to use it from another machine.... this is not
    clear for me.

    Thanks,
    Monica

  2. Re: Could you explain : Restrict this session to this IP address.

    On May 29, 10:35*am, MonicaS wrote:
    > What does this mean, I'm able to login with my same login on two
    > different machines; is this something to avoid somebody from stealing
    > the cookie and try to use it from another machine.... this is not
    > clear for me.

    Yes, this is to avoid using the same cookie/token on two IP addresses
    for the same session.
    PROS: Someone can't take your cookie to another computer to log in.
    CONS: You have to re-login if your IP address changes.

    -miketosh-

+ Reply to Thread