Help with 'mandatory' custom field - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help with 'mandatory' custom field - Mozilla ; Hello All, We have a custom field called "Fixed In" that developers use to mark which release a particular bug was fixed for. In bugzilla 3.0 I had added some code to process_bug.cgi to check that a value was set ...

  1. Help with 'mandatory' custom field

    Hello All,
    We have a custom field called "Fixed In" that developers use to mark
    which release a particular bug was fixed for. In bugzilla 3.0 I had
    added some code to process_bug.cgi to check that a value was set when
    the bug was resolved and to clear it when a bug was reopened. In 3.2
    process_bug has changed so much that I'm having trouble finding the
    right place to do this.

    Should I / can I use hooks to accomplish this? If not, what is the
    best place to do it.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Merit Wilkinson

  2. Re: Help with 'mandatory' custom field

    On May 27, 8:51*am, mer...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > We have a custom field called "Fixed In" that developers use to mark
    > which release a particular bug was fixed for. *In bugzilla 3.0 I had
    > added some code to process_bug.cgi to check that a value was set when
    > the bug was resolved and to clear it when a bug was reopened. *In 3.2
    > process_bug has changed so much that I'm having trouble finding the
    > right place to do this.
    >
    > Should I / can I use hooks to accomplish this? *If not, what is the
    > best place to do it.

    http://mxr.mozilla.org/bugzilla3.2/s...la/Bug.pm#1384
    in sub _check_resolution, add a ThrowUserError, and then add code to
    the template global/user-error.html.tmpl to display that error.

  3. Re: Help with 'mandatory' custom field

    On May 27, 1:04*pm, Mike wrote:
    > http://mxr.mozilla.org/bugzilla3.2/s...la/Bug.pm#1384
    > in sub _check_resolution, add a ThrowUserError, and then add code to
    > the template global/user-error.html.tmpl to display that error.

    That did it. Thanks.

    -Merit

+ Reply to Thread