On May 22, 11:45*am, "Kerry, Richard"
wrote:
> I want ReadXUsers to have read-only access to ProductX. Ie search-only.
> I want ReadXUsers to have no visibility at all of ProductY. *This
> requirement includes ProductY not appearing in the Search page.
>
> I want FullControlUsers to have full create/read/write access to
> ProductX.
> I want FullControlUsers to have full create/read/write access to
> ProductY.

Create more groups and use inheritance.

Permission groups:
ProductXread - Set as Mandatory for Product X
ProductYread - Set as Mandatory for Product Y
ProductXFull - Give editbugs, canconfirm,... for Product X
ProductYFull - Give editbugs, canconfirm,... for Product Y

Create a few user groups, customer, developer, and have them inherit
the groups above. Of course when modifying the 'read' groups, select
the inherit box for the 'Full' group for that product.

I think this will get you what you need.