upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV - Mozilla

This is a discussion on upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV - Mozilla ; After the upgrade when I try to save a search to CSV, The resulting spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a column, it puts all fields on a different row. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? ...

  1. upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    After the upgrade when I try to save a search to CSV, The resulting
    spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a column, it puts
    all fields on a different row. Why is that? Am I doing something
    wrong?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Monica

    1. Pull up a search in Bugzilla with multiple records.
    2. Choose the CVS link.
    3. The resulting spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a
    column.

    example of the new file:
    bug_id
    bug_severity
    priority
    assigned_to
    bug_status
    resolution
    short_desc

    45852

    critical

    P1

  2. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    On May 21, 2:08*pm, MonicaS wrote:
    > After the upgrade when I try to save a search to CSV, The resulting
    > spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a column, it puts
    > all fields on a different row. Why is that? Am I doing something
    > wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Monica

    > 1. Pull up a search in Bugzilla with multiple records.
    > 2. Choose the CVS link.
    > 3. The resulting spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a
    > column.
    >
    > example of the new file:
    > bug_id
    > * * * * bug_severity
    > * * * * priority
    > * * * * assigned_to
    > * * * * bug_status
    > * * * * resolution
    > * * * * short_desc
    >
    > 45852
    >
    > critical
    >
    > P1

    This comes from template/en/default/list/list.csv.tmpl. Can you open
    this in a text editor and see the format incorrectly?

  3. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    On May 22, 9:05*am, Mike wrote:
    > On May 21, 2:08*pm, MonicaS wrote:
    >

    > > After the upgrade when I try to save a search to CSV, The resulting
    > > spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a column, it puts
    > > all fields on a different row. Why is that? Am I doing something
    > > wrong?

    > > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > > Monica

    > > 1. Pull up a search in Bugzilla with multiple records.
    > > 2. Choose the CVS link.
    > > 3. The resulting spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a
    > > column.

    > > example of the new file:
    > > bug_id
    > > * * * * bug_severity
    > > * * * * priority
    > > * * * * assigned_to
    > > * * * * bug_status
    > > * * * * resolution
    > > * * * * short_desc

    > > 45852

    > > critical

    > > P1

    > This comes from template/en/default/list/list.csv.tmpl. *Can you open
    > this in a text editor and see the format incorrectly?

    The format is correct, I just got a tip that the converter is adding 2
    extra 0d characters around each comma (0D0D). After I removed these
    characters, the file was correct. I checked the template files
    difference between last version 3.2 and 3.2.3 and can not find where
    this characters are being added.
    Do you know how to correct this? I don't want to add my users to open
    the file and remove these characters before they can use the file.
    Thanks,
    Monica

  4. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    On May 22, 1:59*pm, MonicaS wrote:
    > The format is correct, I just got a tip that the converter is adding 2
    > extra 0d characters around each comma (0D0D). After I removed these
    > characters, the file was correct. I checked the template files
    > difference between last version 3.2 and 3.2.3 and can not find where
    > this characters are being added.
    > Do you know how to correct this? I don't want to add my users to open
    > the file and remove these characters before they can use the file.

    The two places to look that I can think of are the csv_colsepchar user
    preference setting, and the list/list.csv.tmpl template. You can try
    to add minus signs at the beginning and end of the colsep call in that
    template like so, which may get rid of any line ending characters.

    [%- colsepchar -%]

  5. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    On May 22, 1:26*pm, Mike wrote:
    > On May 22, 1:59*pm, MonicaS wrote:
    >
    > > The format is correct, I just got a tip that the converter is adding 2
    > > extra 0d characters around each comma (0D0D). After I removed these
    > > characters, the file was correct. I checked the template files
    > > difference between last version 3.2 and 3.2.3 and can not find where
    > > this characters are being added.
    > > Do you know how to correct this? I don't want to add my users to open
    > > the file and remove these characters before they can use the file.

    > The two places to look that I can think of are the csv_colsepchar user
    > preference setting, and the list/list.csv.tmpl template. *You can try
    > to add minus signs at the beginning and end of the colsep call in that
    > template like so, which may get rid of any line ending characters.
    >
    > [%- colsepchar -%]

    The problem is because the file format of bugzilla\template\en\default
    \list\list.csv.tmpl on Windows is Dos. Open the file in an editor that
    can change file format, such as Vim, change the file format to Unix
    and save the file.

  6. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    On Jul 7, 11:27*am, Rik Scarborough wrote:
    > On May 22, 1:26*pm, Mike wrote:
    >

    > > On May 22, 1:59*pm, MonicaS wrote:

    > > > The format is correct, I just got a tip that the converter is adding 2
    > > > extra 0d characters around each comma (0D0D). After I removed these
    > > > characters, the file was correct. I checked the template files
    > > > difference between last version 3.2 and 3.2.3 and can not find where
    > > > this characters are being added.
    > > > Do you know how to correct this? I don't want to add my users to open
    > > > the file and remove these characters before they can use the file.

    > > The two places to look that I can think of are the csv_colsepchar user
    > > preference setting, and the list/list.csv.tmpl template. *You can try
    > > to add minus signs at the beginning and end of the colsep call in that
    > > template like so, which may get rid of any line ending characters.

    > > [%- colsepchar -%]

    > Theproblemis because the file format of bugzilla\template\en\default
    > \list\list.csv.tmpl on Windows is Dos. Open the file in an editor that
    > can change file format, such as Vim, change the file format to Unix
    > and save the file.

    I saved the file using vim with the UNIX format and my problem is
    still there.
    Do you really fix this problem saving the file on UNIX format?

    Please let me know. I'm having a lot of complains and I'm thinking
    that I may need to a perl script to read the DB directly or something
    like that.

    Thanks,
    Monica

  7. Re: upgrade to 3.2.3 problem with export CSV

    Well, I upgraded the Template toolkit to 2.22, I saved the files using
    VIM as UNIX files and I still have the problem.

    Do we have solution for this yet?
    My bugzilla environment is Windows.

    Thanks,
    Monica

    On Jul 28, 12:58*am, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > MonicaS wrote:
    > > After the upgrade when I try to save a search toCSV, The resulting
    > > spreadsheet does not position each field's data in a column, it puts
    > > all fields on a different row. Why is that? Am I doing something
    > > wrong?

    > * * * * Upgrade your Template-Toolkit module.
    >
    > * * * * If you're on Linux, this is as easy as:
    >
    > * * * * ./install-module.pl Template
    >
    > * * * * From the Bugzilla directory.
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread