User Select Menu to show ONLY realname - Mozilla

This is a discussion on User Select Menu to show ONLY realname - Mozilla ; How do I show ONLY the user's realname on the user select menu? It currently shows realname (email). I've looked in userselect.html.tmpl but can't see where I would do this. This is in an effort to 'clean' up the user ...

  1. User Select Menu to show ONLY realname

    How do I show ONLY the user's realname on the user select menu? It
    currently shows realname (email). I've looked in userselect.html.tmpl
    but can't see where I would do this. This is in an effort to 'clean'
    up the user select list and make it easier to find users.

  2. Re: User Select Menu to show ONLY realname

    On May 20, 2:08*am, cel77 wrote:
    > How do I show ONLY the user's realname on the user select menu? *It
    > currently shows realname (email). *I've looked in userselect.html.tmpl
    > but can't see where I would do this. *This is in an effort to 'clean'
    > up the user select list and make it easier to find users.

    Assuming Bugzilla 3.2, userselect uses "identity" on line 62:
    http://mxr.mozilla.org/bugzilla3.2/s...t.html.tmpl#62

    You can change that to nick, login_name, or realname. They are all
    defined in Bugzilla/User.pm.

  3. Re: User Select Menu to show ONLY realname

    On May 20, 12:04*pm, cj-bugz wrote:
    > I see this section in user.pm, however when I modify the identity to justbe
    > the realname, I get no user info showing user select menus. *I'm missing
    > something, can you clarify what exactly I'm to change?
    >
    > #### BEFORE
    > if (!defined $self->{identity}) {
    > * * * * $self->{identity} =
    > * * * * * $self->name ? $self->name . " <" . $self->login. ">" :
    > $self->login;
    > * * }
    > #### AFTER
    > if (!defined $self->{identity}) {
    > * * * * $self->{identity} = $self->name;
    > * * }

    Change that to this:
    #### BETTER
    if (!defined $self->{identity}) {
    $self->{identity} = $self->name? $self->name : $self->login;
    }

    Also, make sure there are no errors in the errorlog.

  4. Re: User Select Menu to show ONLY realname

    On May 20, 3:47*pm, cj-bugz wrote:
    > I had (which made them blank), then put back in what you show below & I
    > still see realname(email).

    Restore your original User.pm file with no changes, then go into the
    template/en/custom/global/userselect.html.tmpl, and change which thing
    it is calling. I suggest putting [% tmpuser.name FILTER html %]
    instead of identity.

+ Reply to Thread