adding error checking to custom fields - Mozilla

This is a discussion on adding error checking to custom fields - Mozilla ; Hi folks, My company switched to bugzilla a few years ago and never looked back. Everything is working fine for us, but one thing I want to implement is error checking for the free text custom field. Is it possible ...

  1. adding error checking to custom fields

    Hi folks,

    My company switched to bugzilla a few years ago and never looked back.
    Everything is working fine for us, but one thing I want to implement
    is error checking for the free text custom field. Is it possible to
    add in a regular expression check somewhere to make sure the input is
    formatted correctly? Or maybe have have the input checked with a list
    of valid inputs. Any help is much appriciated. Our bugzilla version is
    3.0.3.

    thanks,
    JD

  2. Re: adding error checking to custom fields

    On May 14, 2:39*pm, moo...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > My company switched to Bugzilla a few years ago and never looked back.
    > Everything is working fine for us, but one thing I want to implement
    > is error checking for the free text custom field. Is it possible to
    > add in a regular expression check somewhere to make sure the input is
    > formatted correctly? Or maybe have have the input checked with a list
    > of valid inputs. Any help is much appreciated. Our Bugzilla version is
    > 3.0.3.
    >
    > thanks,
    > JD

    Your best bet is to edit the Bugzilla/Bug.pm module and add a custom
    field validator. This would cover all cases, email or bug creation or
    bug editing or bug editing multiple. Otherwise you have to add
    validation code in each other case separately.
    See code here:
    http://mxr.mozilla.org/bugzilla3.0/s...lla/Bug.pm#110

+ Reply to Thread