Change type of custom field in 3.2.3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Change type of custom field in 3.2.3 - Mozilla ; Hi, I have upgraded to 3.2.3 from 3.0. Before we have added a custom field of type dropdown but we now want it to be a Multiple drop down instead. From what I can see it is not possible to ...

  1. Change type of custom field in 3.2.3

    Hi,

    I have upgraded to 3.2.3 from 3.0. Before we have added a custom field
    of type dropdown but we now want it to be a Multiple drop down
    instead.
    From what I can see it is not possible to change type as of now. But
    how should one solve this problem?

    Maybe with editing SQL database after adding a new field? (I am a SQL
    rookie).
    Add a new field and make the old one obsolete have some drawbacks
    since need the old values set in old bugs.

    Best Regards,
    Jocke

  2. Re: Change type of custom field in 3.2.3

    On 14 Maj, 16:15, jocke.n...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have upgraded to 3.2.3 from 3.0. Before we have added a custom field
    > of type dropdown but we now want it to be a Multiple drop down
    > instead.
    > From what I can see it is not possible to change type as of now. But
    > how should one solve this problem?
    >
    > Maybe with editing SQL database after adding a new field? (I am a SQL
    > rookie).
    > Add a new field and make the old one obsolete have some drawbacks
    > since need the old values set in old bugs.
    >
    > Best Regards,Jocke

    It worked fine changing type directly in SQL

    //Jocke

  3. Re: Change type of custom field in 3.2.3

    On 25 Maj, 23:22, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > jocke.n...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> From what I can see it is not possible to change type as of now. But
    > >> how should one solve this problem?

    > * * * * It's not possible to change it as of now. Probably the best would be to
    > add a new field and then set the new field's values to the old field's
    > values, and then obsolete the old field.
    >
    > > It worked fine changing type directly in SQL

    > * * * * You are likely to have problems with upgrades in the future, if you do
    > that. Maybe not, but there's always a chance.
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

    Ok, I have oly tested it on a test-installation so far and it seems to
    not be 100% safe.
    So I will skip it for now

    //Jocke

+ Reply to Thread