On 24 Feb, 07:01, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:44:28 -0600 James Roberts
>
> wrote:
> > Is there any plan to add this functionality (i.e. to vary a selection
> > box based on Component) into a future Bugzilla release?

> * * * * Yes, to vary a selection box, but not to vary theVersionfield.
>
> * * * * -Max
> --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
> Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

Hi,

I must agree with James that be able to select a version on each
component would be useful. In most of the projects I have been
involved in every component have had different version than the
product. A product release is comprised of different components (and
versions). E.g a mobile phone SW can have version 1.2 and consist of
Browser SW version 2.5 and MMS SW version 1.0.
Of course you have a release document specifying which component
versions a product release version consist of. But from bugfixing
perspective it would be faster if that info can be found in Bugzilla.

Would anyone be interested in sharing knowledge how this can
functionality can be added in Bugzilla (since I am a Bugzilla
newbie!)...?

Thanks!
Jocke