Re: Long overdue Upgrade - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Long overdue Upgrade - Mozilla ; On Apr 7, 9:41*am, "Chris Suttle" wrote: > I've been tasked with upgrading an existing Bugzilla installation (2.18.3) > to at least version 3.2 > > The release notes keep guiding me to previous versions which eventually > refers to ...

  1. Re: Long overdue Upgrade

    On Apr 7, 9:41*am, "Chris Suttle" wrote:
    > I've been tasked with upgrading an existing Bugzilla installation (2.18.3)
    > to at least version 3.2
    >
    > The release notes keep guiding me to previous versions which eventually
    > refers to text only release notes which inturn gives me a 404 page not found
    > ( I assume as its so old)
    >
    > So to my question (trying to short cut a lot of reading).
    >
    > To take an existing bugzilla 2.18.3 up through to 3.2 - is this a releaseby
    > release update ? *Is there an easy way to do this or would I be better off
    > starting again with a clean install and trying to import all my legacy
    > data/history ?
    >
    > Chris

    hi,

    did you get this done? myself trying to do the same upgrade but lot of
    changes on the database side.
    -govind

  2. Re: Long overdue Upgrade

    On Apr 9, 3:32*am, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
    > Guten Tag govindaraj.peru...@gmail.com,
    > am Donnerstag, 9. April 2009 um 07:52 schrieben Sie:
    >
    > > did you get this done? myself trying to do the same upgrade but lot of
    > > changes on the database side.

    > checksetup.pl will handle those changes, at least if you didn't modify
    > the database yourself.
    >
    > Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    >
    > Thorsten Schöning
    >
    > --
    > Thorsten Schöning
    > AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig
    >
    > Telefon: Potsdam: 0331-743881-0
    > E-Mail: *tschoen...@am-soft.de
    > Web: * *http://www.am-soft.de
    >
    > AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Konsumhof 1-5, 14482 Potsdam
    > Amtsgericht Potsdam HRB 21278 P, Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

    Hi,

    My question was to migrate the existing data from 2.18. how the new
    database schema 3.2 going to adapt?

    Thanks,

  3. Re: Long overdue Upgrade

    Hi,

    you have given two choice

    1) Migrate your data to the same version und update afterwards

    -- there is no point in upgrading here. i will run checksetup.pl on
    the the existing database. will that do all the necessary changes
    for 3.2 ?

    2) update first and migrate later, don't mix it.

    -- if i run the checksetup.pl first on the blank database (2.18) ,
    how the restoring of existing data will happen? you mean writing
    migration script for this or there is a way?

    Thanks,
    Govind

  4. Re: Long overdue Upgrade

    > > 1) Migrate your data to the same version und update afterwards
    > > * *-- there is no point in upgrading here. i will run checksetup.plon
    > > the the existing database. will that do all the *necessary *changes
    > > for 3.2 ?

    > Yes.

    Hi,

    i get the following error when i run checksetup.pl on existing db 2.18
    (" longdescs" table has 15 lac records)

    Bugzilla now uses the InnoDB storage engine in MySQL for most tables.
    Converting tables to InnoDB:
    Converting table longdescs... DBD::mysql::db do failed: Lost
    connection to MySQL server during query [for Statement "ALTER TABLE
    longdescs TYPE = InnoDB"] at Bugzilla/DB/Mysql.pm line 329
    Bugzilla:B::Mysql::bz_setup_database('Bugzilla:B::Mysql=HASH
    (0x9c755a0)') called at checksetup.pl line 144

    i dont know hot to proceed?

    -Thanks,
    Govind