use custom fields as a variable for the email template - Mozilla

This is a discussion on use custom fields as a variable for the email template - Mozilla ; Hi, What is the best possibility to use a custom field in the email template. To be more concrete: I want to add a custom field to the bugmail subject. [Bugzilla version 3.2.2 running on RH5]...

  1. use custom fields as a variable for the email template

    Hi,

    What is the best possibility to use a custom field in the email
    template.

    To be more concrete:
    I want to add a custom field to the bugmail subject.

    [Bugzilla version 3.2.2 running on RH5]

  2. Re: use custom fields as a variable for the email template

    On Apr 4, 12:27*am, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > anatoti...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I want to add a custom field to the bugmail subject.

    > * * * * You'll have to modify both Bugzilla/BugMail.pm (look for $vars) and
    > template/en/default/email/newchangedmail.txt
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

    Hi Max,
    Thanks for your reply!

    Just to clarify:
    If I want to have a custom field (myField) that is stored in the bugs
    table in the cf_myField column I have to add

    myField => $values{'cf_myField'},

    to the $vars array in the Bugzilla/BugMail.pm and use the myField
    variable in the template?

    thanks,
    A.

+ Reply to Thread