Add a new bug status - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Add a new bug status - Mozilla ; Dear Bugzilla Users, I want to add a customized bug_status "PENDING". What I want to test first is whether bugzilla can display this new status or not. I update bug_status of one bug to "PENDING" then I use "search" to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Add a new bug status

  1. Add a new bug status

    Dear Bugzilla Users,

    I want to add a customized bug_status "PENDING". What I want to test
    first is whether bugzilla can display this new status or not. I update
    bug_status of one bug to "PENDING" then I use "search" to query this
    bug, I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty.
    Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    enable bugzilla display my new status?

    Thanks,

    dbtouch

  2. Re: Add a new bug status

    Please notice that I want to make the change in 3.0.x.

    Thanks,

    dbtouch

    On Nov 19, 12:59*pm, dbtouch wrote:
    > Dear Bugzilla Users,
    >
    > I want to add a customized bug_status "PENDING". What I want to test
    > first is whether bugzilla can display this new status or not. I update
    > bug_status of one bug to "PENDING" then I use "search" to query this
    > bug, I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    > I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty.
    > Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    > enable bugzilla display my new status?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > dbtouch



  3. Re: Add a new bug status

    Thanks, Max.

    dbtouch

    On Nov 19, 2:08*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:44 -0800 (PST) dbtouch
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    > > I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty.
    > > Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    > > enable bugzilla display my new status?

    >
    > * * * * template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.



  4. Re: Add a new bug status

    Hi, Max

    After I made the change in template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl,
    the new status "PENDING" still cannot be displayed.
    What I modified is that:

    # add PENDING status
    $stash->set('status_descs', { 'UNCONFIRMED' => 'UNCONFIRMED', 'NEW' =>
    'NEW', 'ASSIGNED' => 'ASSIGNED', 'REOPENED' => 'REOPENED', 'RESOLVED'
    => 'RESOLVED', 'VERIFIED' => 'VERIFIED', 'CLOSED' => 'CLOSED',
    'PENDING' => 'PENDING' });

    Could you tell me what I missed?

    dbtouch


    On Nov 19, 2:08*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:44 -0800 (PST) dbtouch
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    > > I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty.
    > > Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    > > enable bugzilla display my new status?

    >
    > * * * * template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.



  5. Re: Add a new bug status

    Hi, Max

    Before I make the change, could you tell me what is the difference
    between template/... and data/template/...?

    Thanks,

    dbtouch

    On Nov 19, 4:16*pm, dbtouch wrote:
    > Hi, Max
    >
    > After I made the change in template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl,
    > the new status "PENDING" still cannot be displayed.
    > What I modified is that:
    >
    > # add PENDING status
    > $stash->set('status_descs', { 'UNCONFIRMED' => 'UNCONFIRMED', 'NEW' =>
    > 'NEW', 'ASSIGNED' => 'ASSIGNED', 'REOPENED' => 'REOPENED', 'RESOLVED'
    > => 'RESOLVED', 'VERIFIED' => 'VERIFIED', 'CLOSED' => 'CLOSED',
    > 'PENDING' => 'PENDING' *});
    >
    > Could you tell me what I missed?
    >
    > dbtouch
    >
    > On Nov 19, 2:08*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:44 -0800 (PST) dbtouch
    > > wrote:

    >
    > > > I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    > > > I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty..
    > > > Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    > > > enable bugzilla display my new status?

    >
    > > * * * * template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl

    >
    > > * * * * -Max
    > > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -



  6. Re: Add a new bug status

    Hi, Max

    Also, after I make the change, do I need to run checksetup.pl?

    Thanks,

    YE LIU

    On Nov 20, 9:50*am, dbtouch wrote:
    > Hi, Max
    >
    > Before I make the change, could you tell me what is the difference
    > between template/... and data/template/...?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > dbtouch
    >
    > On Nov 19, 4:16*pm, dbtouch wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > Hi, Max

    >
    > > After I made the change in template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl,
    > > the new status "PENDING" still cannot be displayed.
    > > What I modified is that:

    >
    > > # add PENDING status
    > > $stash->set('status_descs', { 'UNCONFIRMED' => 'UNCONFIRMED', 'NEW' =>
    > > 'NEW', 'ASSIGNED' => 'ASSIGNED', 'REOPENED' => 'REOPENED', 'RESOLVED'
    > > => 'RESOLVED', 'VERIFIED' => 'VERIFIED', 'CLOSED' => 'CLOSED',
    > > 'PENDING' => 'PENDING' *});

    >
    > > Could you tell me what I missed?

    >
    > > dbtouch

    >
    > > On Nov 19, 2:08*pm, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:

    >
    > > > On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:59:44 -0800 (PST) dbtouch
    > > > wrote:

    >
    > > > > I found that the status displayed is empty instead of "PENDING".
    > > > > I suspect that there is some filter which changes the status to empty.
    > > > > Can you show me some pointers on where I should modify the filter to
    > > > > enable bugzilla display my new status?

    >
    > > > * * * * template/en/global/field-descs.none.tmpl

    >
    > > > * * * * -Max
    > > > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > > > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -



  7. Re: Add a new bug status

    Hi, Max

    After I made the change, the new status can be displayed.

    Thanks!

    dbtouch

    On Nov 20, 11:45*am, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:55:09 -0800 (PST) dbtouch
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Also, after I make the change, do I need to run checksetup.pl?

    >
    > * * * * Not really, but you can if you want. It pre-compiles all your
    > templates so that the webserver doesn't have to.
    >
    > * * * * -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.



+ Reply to Thread