Debugging firefox extension using Venkman - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Debugging firefox extension using Venkman - Mozilla ; It's my understanding that Venkman is able to debug extensions but when I try to to to view my overlay. js script that is part of the extensions , the interactive session window just displays !! Error loading URL chrome://myExtension/content/overlay. ...

  1. Debugging firefox extension using Venkman

    It's my understanding that Venkman is able to debug extensions but
    when I try to to to view my overlay.js script that is part of the
    extensions , the interactive session window just displays

    !! Error loading URL
    chrome://myExtension/content/overlay.js:[Exception... "Access to
    restricted URI denied code: "1012 nsresult: "0x805303f4
    (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" location: "chrome://venkman/content/venkman-
    url-loader.js Line: 54"].

    Why can't it access my script?

  2. Re: Debugging firefox extension using Venkman

    Found this link that helped a little. I can see the source as
    anonymous functions but it doesn't make it easy to debug.
    http://old.nabble.com/Venkman-XUL-de...d23098686.html

  3. Re: Debugging firefox extension using Venkman

    On Jan 18, 10:00*pm, Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:21:22 +0000, Neil wrote:
    > > Don wrote:

    > >>chrome://myExtension/content/overlay.js

    > > I don't know whether it's still true but I thought you weren't allowed
    > > uppercase in package names.

    That wasn't the real extension name. I changed it to protect the
    innocent. It was lowercase.

+ Reply to Thread