I want to test a non-trivial extension and it is imperative that I am
able to debug the tests when necessary. I have them running from the
command line by creating a dummy FF profile that has two extensions
installed 1) my extension under test and 2) venkman. I run the tests
via firefox -myextensionname -venkman (omitting the -venkman when I
want the tests to run without a debugger). The problem is that my
tests will start running and may contain errors way before venkman
even starts up.

Is there a way to make venkman load first, and then have my tests run?

Thanks in advance