CSS overlay XUL element - Mozilla

This is a discussion on CSS overlay XUL element - Mozilla ; Hello, In my extension I'm doing the following : creating little xul:iframe element that display some content. Part of this content are CSS dropdown menu. The thing is that those menus gets "cropped" when expends - the menu is bigger ...

  1. CSS overlay XUL element

    Hello,
    In my extension I'm doing the following : creating little xul:iframe
    element that display some content.
    Part of this content are CSS dropdown menu. The thing is that those
    menus gets "cropped" when expends - the menu is bigger that the frame
    they inhabit so part of them is not shown.

    What I want to do, is let them expend over the frame box, possibly
    over FF interface.

    The question is : is this possible?
    One XUL element overlay another is not a problem, but how about
    content overlay xul?

    If not, whats the best was achieving same effect? Creating XUL based
    popup boxes?

    Thanks in advance, Alex.

  2. Re: CSS overlay XUL element

    On Dec 16, 11:35*pm, Eric Jung wrote:
    > On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Alex Port wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > In my extension I'm doing the following : creating littlexul:iframe
    > >elementthat display some content.
    > > Part of this content areCSSdropdown menu. The thing is that those
    > > menus gets "cropped" when expends - the menu is bigger that the frame
    > > they inhabit so part of them is not shown.

    > > What I want to do, is let them expend over the frame box, possibly
    > > over FF interface.

    > > The question is : is this possible?
    > > OneXULelementoverlayanother is not a problem, but how about
    > > contentoverlayxul?

    > > If not, whats the best was achieving same effect? CreatingXULbased
    > > popup boxes?

    > > Maybe you are thinking of panels?

    > https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL/panelor

    This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.
    Unfortunately this appears not to be possible.

    The idea was to have the "content" generated by simple php script
    displayed in a frame, instead of adding additional xul support from
    extension side.

    The partial solution I found is using panel triggered by JS in the
    page.

    Thank you for suggesting.

+ Reply to Thread