Privileges to install extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Privileges to install extensions - Mozilla ; Suppose I am using a computer which does not belong to me: for instance, a desktop computer provided by a public library for use by the library's customers. What privileges must the administrator of the computer have given to users ...

  1. Privileges to install extensions

    Suppose I am using a computer which does not belong to me: for
    instance, a desktop computer provided by a public library for use by
    the library's customers.

    What privileges must the administrator of the computer have given to
    users like me in order for me to be able to run Firefox (if it is not
    already installed), or to install extensions (if I am already able to
    run Firefox)? I would like answers for Mac OS X (10.5 or later) and
    Windows (XP or later), but if you only know the answer for one of
    those platforms, that's OK: please just post what you know.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Sam

  2. Re: Privileges to install extensions

    On Dec 5, 7:23*pm, sampablokuper wrote:
    > What privileges must the administrator of the computer have given to
    > users like me in order for me to be able to run Firefox (if it is not
    > already installed), or to install extensions (if I am already able to
    > run Firefox)? I would like answers for Mac OS X (10.5 or later) and
    > Windows (XP or later), but if you only know the answer for one of
    > those platforms, that's OK: please just post what you know.

    In addition to this, I would be grateful for information about what
    permissions (if any) are required in order for a user running Firefox
    to be able to install bookmarklets.

    Thanks again,

    Sam

  3. Re: Privileges to install extensions

    On Dec 5, 8:30*pm, sampablokuper wrote:
    > On Dec 5, 7:23*pm, sampablokuper wrote:
    > > What privileges must the administrator of the computer have given to
    > > users like me in order for me to be able to run Firefox (if it is not
    > > already installed), or to install extensions (if I am already able to
    > > run Firefox)? I would like answers for Mac OS X (10.5 or later) and
    > > Windows (XP or later), but if you only know the answer for one of
    > > those platforms, that's OK: please just post what you know.

    > In addition to this, I would be grateful for information about what
    > permissions (if any) are required in order for a user running Firefox
    > to be able to install bookmarklets.

    Anyone?

+ Reply to Thread