Server push - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Server push - Mozilla ; Ciao all, can anybody be so kind to point me in the right direction on how to implement a server push ("Comet programming") in a Firefox extension? Basically, I need to implement a widget which gets frequent data updates from ...

  1. Server push

    Ciao all,

    can anybody be so kind to point me in the right direction
    on how to implement a server push ("Comet programming")
    in a Firefox extension? Basically, I need to implement a
    widget which gets frequent data updates from a server,
    which in turn trigger UI updates.

    I read around about timer-based XMLHttpRequest push,
    or XMLHttpRequest long polling, or XMLHttpRequest
    multipart/x-mixed-replace. Is there a "best approach"
    among all the solutions?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Server push

    John, Brian, Eric and Peter,
    thanks a million for your kind and very helpful replies,
    really appreciate.