Observing Operating System events? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Observing Operating System events? - Mozilla ; Is there a hook to read the Operating System events from an extension and take a desired action. - e.g. detect an OS shutdown or standby event....

  1. Observing Operating System events?

    Is there a hook to read the Operating System events from an extension
    and take a desired action. - e.g. detect an OS shutdown or standby
    event.

  2. Re: Observing Operating System events?

    On Nov 13, 3:40*pm, Eric Jung wrote:
    > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Preethi Rathnam >
    > > wrote:
    > > Is there a hook to read theOperatingSystem events from an extension
    > > and take a desired action. - e.g. detect an OS shutdown or standby
    > > event.

    > Not by default. You'd have to write a C++ component to do that, assuming the
    > OS in question issues such events to begin with (Windows sure does).
    >
    > Eric

    Thanks Eric!
    I will try this approach and I am working on Windows OS.

+ Reply to Thread