Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin - Mozilla ; Hi there, I have FF extension compiled and linked by MSVC, but one part is compiled with cygwin's gcc. When I run it in FF and try to call some cygwin's function, browser completely freezes. Compilation & linking are without ...

  1. Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin

    Hi there,

    I have FF extension compiled and linked by MSVC, but one part is
    compiled with cygwin's gcc. When I run it in FF and try to call some
    cygwin's function, browser completely freezes. Compilation & linking
    are without any errors and dependency walker says that final .dll is
    also ok. So what could be wrong?

    Thanks
    Zb.

  2. Re: Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin

    No answer in over 5 months! Well, just in case an interested party finds this, let me give it a shot.

    The Cygwin FAQ, #6.12, says that MSVCRT*.DLL (linked by MSVC) and cygwin1.dll (required by Cygwin's gcc) are mutually exclusive.

    Although Cygwin also includes a MINGW32 cross compiler. It doesn't call cygwin1.dll. You might be able to compile the whole thing with it.

    Also, question 6.16 in the same FAQ has a rather involved, non-trivial answer that may be worth looking at.

+ Reply to Thread