TabClose event is being called when I drag a tab to make it a window. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TabClose event is being called when I drag a tab to make it a window. - Mozilla ; I have a extension that we use to detect when a tab is closed so that an ajax call can be made to the back end to free up the resources of the current page. With FF3.5 you can now ...

  1. TabClose event is being called when I drag a tab to make it a window.

    I have a extension that we use to detect when a tab is closed so that
    an ajax call can be made to the back end to free up the resources of
    the current page. With FF3.5 you can now drag a tab to turn it into a
    window. When this happens the TabClose event listener is being called
    which frees up the resources but now the page doesn't work because it
    was assumed to have been closed. How can I detect a tab changing to a
    window instead of closing?

    In my overlay.js I have this.

    var content = document.getElementById('content');
    var tabs = content.selectedTab.parentNode;

    tabs.addEventListener('TabClose', ext.onTabClose, true);

  2. Re: TabClose event is being called when I drag a tab to make it awindow.

    There needs to be a tab tear off event but I haven't found any event
    like that

+ Reply to Thread