nothing happens after installing my extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on nothing happens after installing my extension - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm newbie, and I try to install my extension that works well in developpement mode (alias in my profile). In an other profile, I have no error, but the module doesn't appear in the list after restart. This is ...

  1. nothing happens after installing my extension

    Hi,
    I'm newbie, and I try to install my extension that works well in
    developpement mode (alias in my profile). In an other profile, I have
    no error, but the module doesn't appear in the list after restart.

    This is my chrome.manifest :
    [code}
    content ergodoc chrome/content/
    ergodoc/
    locale ergodoc en-US chrome/locale/
    en-US/ergodoc/
    locale ergodoc fr-FR chrome/locale/
    fr-FR/ergodoc/
    overlay chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
    chrome://ergodoc/content/navtracer/navtracer.xul
    overlay chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
    chrome://ergodoc/content/sensor_tabs/browser.xul
    overlay chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
    chrome://ergodoc/content/trace_zotero/overlay.xul
    overlay chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul
    chrome://ergodoc/content/navtracer/navtracer.xul
    skin ergodoc default chrome/skin/
    default/ergodoc/
    style chrome://browser/content/browser.xul chrome/ergodoc/
    skin/ergodoc.css
    style chrome://global/content/customizeToolbar.xul chrome/
    ergodoc /skin/ergodoc.css
    [/code]

    And this is my install.rdf :

    [code]

    xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">

    ergodoc
    0.1
    {88312b16-84d5-bf61-e0b5-6c52a23c6d38}
    2
    ergodoc help you to trace your information
    retrieval and present you what to have done, to share, cast and be
    aware.

    {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    3.0
    3.*

    Thibaud Hulin
    Thibaud Hulin

    http://traces.toile-libre.org

    [/code}

    And this is my folders structure (get with a tree -d) :

    Code:
    /opt/ergodoc
    |-- chrome
    | |-- content
    | | `-- ergodoc
    | | |-- images
    | | |-- javascript
    | | | |-- modules
    | | | |-- timeline
    | | | `-- timeline.example
    | | |-- navtracer
    | | |-- navtracer.2009.09.19
    | | |-- navtracer.2009.09.23.14.32
    | | |-- tmp
    | | | |-- 2009.09.19
    | | | `-- sensor_tabs
    | | `-- trace_zotero
    | |-- locale
    | | |-- en-US
    | | | `-- ergodoc
    | | `-- fr-FR
    | | `-- ergodoc
    | `-- skin
    | `-- default
    | `-- ergodoc
    `-- tmp
    Thanks for help,
    Thibaud.

  2. [Resolved]Re: nothing happens after installing my extension

    OK, the problem was a bad zip of the folder, get out of the chrome
    folder. I success to create the .xpi with the extension for developper.

+ Reply to Thread