Capturing Flash events - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Capturing Flash events - Mozilla ; Hi, Is it possible for an extension to capture events from a Flash movie? For instance, would it be possible to have an extension "being aware" of which page the user is looking at in the Flash movie, or what ...

  1. Capturing Flash events

    Hi,

    Is it possible for an extension to capture events from a Flash movie?

    For instance, would it be possible to have an extension "being aware"
    of which page the user is looking at in the Flash movie, or what links
    the user has clicked in the Flash movie?

    Cheers,
    CB

  2. Re: Capturing Flash events

    On Sep 21, 12:30*am, Jorge Villalobos wrote:
    > CB wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > Is it possible for an extension to capture events from a Flash movie?

    > > For instance, would it be possible to have an extension "being aware"
    > > of which page the user is looking at in the Flash movie, or what links
    > > the user has clicked in the Flash movie?

    > > Cheers,
    > > CB

    > Flash has a mechanism to communicate with the Javascript in the page
    > around it, but you need to explicitly say how this communication
    > happens. That is you need to add code in your Flash component in order
    > to allow any external communication, AFAIK.
    >
    > If you want an example of Flash/add-on communication, look at the source
    > of Fire.fm. We include a smallish Flash component (that we wrote) which
    > we use to play the music stream.
    >
    > - Jorge Villalobos

    Thank you Jorge,

    I come to think of the action scripts developers put in their code in
    order for Google Analytics etc to track clicks. Is it possible for
    third party firefox extension to hook into those events/function calls
    in any way?

    //CB

+ Reply to Thread