Help for checking/getting Thunderbird version from an extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help for checking/getting Thunderbird version from an extension - Mozilla ; Hi, With some recent changes starting Thunderbird 3.0b3pre code base, I have had to adapt an extension to use different functions whether it runs on Thunderbird a) I wonder if anybody might be able to point me to some code ...

  1. Help for checking/getting Thunderbird version from an extension

    Hi,

    With some recent changes starting Thunderbird 3.0b3pre code base, I
    have had to adapt an extension to use different functions whether it
    runs on Thunderbird < 3.0b3pre or a newer version.

    a) I wonder if anybody might be able to point me to some code that
    checks/gets the Thunderbird version it runs.

    b) I wonder if there is some standard practice/code for extensions to
    check the Thunderbird version and use different code base depending on
    that.

    I will appreciate any help,
    Francisco
    PD: Dear Thunderbird developers, it would be very nice to freeze some
    kind of API for Thunderbird core services. Just please consider it.

  2. Re: Help for checking/getting Thunderbird version from an extension

    On Sep 20, 6:42*am, fherrera wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > With some recent changes starting Thunderbird 3.0b3pre code base, I
    > have had to adapt an extension to use different functions whether it
    > runs on Thunderbird < 3.0b3pre or a newer version.
    >
    > a) I wonder if anybody might be able to point me to some code that
    > checks/gets the Thunderbird version it runs.
    >
    > b) I wonder if there is some standard practice/code for extensions to
    > check the Thunderbird version and use different code base depending on
    > that.
    >
    > I will appreciate any help,
    > Francisco
    > PD: Dear Thunderbird developers, it would be very nice to freeze some
    > kind of API for Thunderbird core services. Just please consider it.

    I'm not sure if it is the same for Thunderbird as for Firefox, but
    have you checked out https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Cod.../Miscellaneous
    under "Detecting the host application and version"?

    //CB

+ Reply to Thread