where to begin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on where to begin - Mozilla ; I'm trying to develop an extension to Firefox, which basically does highlighting the text on a web page and if needed provides a means to copy them to a text or a word document. I read couple of documentation on ...

  1. where to begin

    I'm trying to develop an extension to Firefox, which basically does
    highlighting the text on a web page and if needed provides a means to
    copy them to a text or a word document.
    I read couple of documentation on adding extensions to Firefox but
    still I have some confusions about some aspects of the components and
    the interrelationships among them. So I need to know how these
    components are arranged in firefox and what are the programming skills
    that I need to complete this project. So if anyone can help me, that
    would be a great help.

  2. Re: where to begin

    On 18 Wrz, 12:52, gork wrote:
    > I'm trying to develop an extension to Firefox, which basically does
    > highlighting the text on a web page and if needed provides a means to
    > copy them to a text or a word document.
    > I read couple of documentation on adding extensions to Firefox but
    > still I have some confusions about some aspects of the components and
    > the interrelationships among them. So I need to know how these
    > components are arranged in firefox and what are the programming skills
    > that I need to complete this project. So if anyone can help me, that
    > would be a great help.

    I recomend you https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extensions
    Its where you can find almost all informations. For writing an
    extension you should know java-script. The good idea is downloading
    some extensions, see how are they work and see code of them. You shoul
    be patient I'm beginer to so good look with your project.

+ Reply to Thread