How can I add commandupdater to all window in Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How can I add commandupdater to all window in Firefox - Mozilla ; I'm trying to add commandupdater to all window like , in Firefox. My final opportunity is "To watch clipboard event occured in any Firefox window". So at first, I did the thing like below. there.is.only.xul"> commandupdater="true" events="clipboard" oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/> But this ...

  1. How can I add commandupdater to all window in Firefox

    I'm trying to add commandupdater to all window like ,
    in Firefox.
    My final opportunity is "To watch clipboard event occured in any
    Firefox window".
    So at first, I did the thing like below.

    commandupdater="true"
    events="clipboard"
    oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/>

    But this does not seems to work.

    So, I changed the code a bit and get it works on the document which
    toplevel element is
    but not in the .

    commandupdater="true"
    events="clipboard"
    oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/>

    I arranged the another file which does the same thing but renamed the
    "window" to "prefwindow" and in the Extensions code, did the code
    below.

    var windowElement;
    windowElement = document.getElementsByTagName("prefwindow");
    if (windowElement.length) {
    document.loadOverlay('chrome://**/clipboard-watcher-
    prefwindow.xul', null);
    } else {
    windowElement = document.getElementsByTagName("window");
    if (windowElement.length) {
    document.loadOverlay('chrome://**/clipboard-watcher-
    window.xul', null);
    }
    }

    But this does not seems to work.

    My question is how can I add commandupdater to window, prefwindow and
    make it work.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How can I add commandupdater to all window in Firefox

    On 9月12日, 午前11:36, mo wrote:
    > I'm trying to add commandupdater to all window like ,
    > in Firefox.
    > My final opportunity is "To watch clipboard event occured in any
    > Firefox window".
    > So at first, I did the thing like below.
    >

    > * * > * * * * * * * * commandupdater="true"
    > * * * * * * * * events="clipboard"
    > * * * * * * * * oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/>
    >

    > But this does not seems to work.
    >
    > So, I changed the code a bit and get it works on the document which
    > toplevel element is
    > but not in the .
    >

    > * *
    > * * * * > * * * * * * * * * * commandupdater="true"
    > * * * * * * * * * * events="clipboard"
    > * * * * * * * * * * oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/>
    > * *

    > I arranged the another file which does the same thing but renamed the
    > "window" to "prefwindow" and in the Extensions code, *did the code
    > below.
    >
    > * * * * var windowElement;
    > * * * * windowElement = document.getElementsByTagName("prefwindow");
    > * * * * if (windowElement.length) {
    > * * * * * * document.loadOverlay('chrome://**/clipboard-watcher-
    > prefwindow.xul', null);
    > * * * * } else {
    > * * * * * * windowElement = document.getElementsByTagName("window");
    > * * * * * * if (windowElement.length) {
    > * * * * * * * * document.loadOverlay('chrome://**/clipboard-watcher-
    > window.xul', null);
    > * * * * * * }
    > * * * * }
    >
    > But this does not seems to work.
    >
    > My question is how can I add commandupdater to window, prefwindow and
    > make it work.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Sorry, this code seems to work in prefwindow.

    commandupdater="true"
    events="clipboard"
    oncommandupdate="clipboard_watcher();"/>

+ Reply to Thread