Hi,

i'm looking for a way to handle dead keys within my extension.

At the moment I add an event listener for the 'keypress' event to the
HTMLDocument. This works nice. On windows platforms dead keys are
propagated as 'keypress' event. But on linux an mac platforms my
handler isn't called despite the fact that the character shows up
within the active input field.

Now my question:
Is there any way to get the event for dead keys on linux and mac
platforms. I also added an 'keydown' and 'keyup' event listener to
the HTMLDocument and the input element itself. No success.

Thx a lot
JOERG

My code:

function MyExtension()
{
this.init();
}
MyExtension.prototype =
{
init : function()
{
this.browser.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", this,
true);
},
handleEvent : function(event)
{
new EventListener(event.originalTarget);
}

function EventListener( htmlDocument )
{
htmlDocument.addEventListener("keypress", this, false);
}
EventListener.prototype =
{
// is not called for dead keys on linux and mac platforms
// called twice for dead keys on windows platforms
handleEvent : function(event)
{
// do something useful
}