custom protocols - Mozilla

This is a discussion on custom protocols - Mozilla ; Can my extension set it's own protocol? For example, say I wanted to have my error page be displayed with this url: myapp:error?page=home I see that Firefox uses the following format for their blocked sites page: about :blocked?e=error_code&u=url (I'd even ...

  1. custom protocols

    Can my extension set it's own protocol?

    For example, say I wanted to have my error page be displayed with this
    url:
    myapp:error?page=home

    I see that Firefox uses the following format for their blocked sites
    page:
    about:blocked?e=error_code&u=url

    (I'd even be fine with doing about:myapp too)

    I also found this page on MDC but it seems to be more for webpages not
    content loaded in chrome:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Web...tocol_handlers

  2. Re: custom protocols

    On 2 ΣΕΞ, 05:53, isnw wrote:
    > Can my extension set it's own protocol?
    >
    > For example, say I wanted to have my error page be displayed with this
    > url:
    > myapp:error?page=home
    >
    > I see that Firefox uses the following format for their blocked sites
    > page:
    > about:blocked?e=error_code&u=url
    >
    > (I'd even be fine with doing about:myapp too)
    >
    > I also found this page on MDC but it seems to be more for webpages not
    > content loaded in chrome:https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Web...tocol_handlers

    Please research into nsIProtocolHandler

    also this acticle can help: http://www.nexgenmedia.net/docs/protocol/

  3. Re: custom protocols