Initialization for a firefox toolbar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Initialization for a firefox toolbar - Mozilla ; Hi, i want to initialize a toolbar after the startup of the firefox browser. Is this possible? Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled events on a toolbar? Thanx Tim...

  1. Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    Hi,

    i want to initialize a toolbar after the startup of the firefox
    browser.
    Is this possible?

    Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled events
    on a toolbar?

    Thanx

    Tim

  2. Re: Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    On 28 авг, 15:24, struggle82 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i want to initialize a toolbar after the startup of the firefox
    > browser.
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled *events
    > on a toolbar?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Tim

    Yes, this is possible. What do you want know more?

  3. Re: Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    On 30 Aug., 17:18, ant_katcin wrote:
    > On 28 авг, 15:24, struggle82 wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > i want to initialize atoolbarafter the startup of the firefox
    > > browser.
    > > Is this possible?

    > > Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled *events
    > > on atoolbar?

    > > Thanx

    > > Tim

    > Yes, this is possible. What do you want know more?

    which events can used there?

  4. Re: Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    On 30 Aug., 17:18, ant_katcin wrote:
    > On 28 авг, 15:24, struggle82 wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > i want to initialize a toolbar after the startup of the firefox
    > > browser.
    > > Is this possible?

    > > Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled *events
    > > on a toolbar?

    > > Thanx

    > > Tim

    > Yes, this is possible. What do you want know more?

    The questin is how i implement this?
    Where must it implemented, in the xul?

    Thanx

  5. Re: Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    On 31 авг, 14:47, struggle82 wrote:
    > On 30 Aug., 17:18, ant_katcin wrote:
    >

    > > On 28 авг, 15:24, struggle82 wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > i want to initialize a toolbar after the startup of the firefox
    > > > browser.
    > > > Is this possible?

    > > > Furthermore is it possible to work with time time-controlled *events
    > > > on a toolbar?

    > > > Thanx

    > > > Tim

    > > Yes, this is possible. What do you want know more?

    > The questin is how i implement this?
    > Where must it implemented, in the xul?
    >
    > Thanx

    This should be implemented in javascript in window onload event.
    Here you can create xul elements in dynamic.

    About time-controlled events - you can create a timer that will act
    after some interval. So you should calcucate time in milliseconds
    before event and install a timer.

    There is a two timers that can be used:
    1) simple javascript timer setTimeout();
    2) "@mozilla.org/timer;1" xpcom object

  6. Re: Initialization for a firefox toolbar

    Hi,

    thanks for your answer.

    I want to run a task in an loop. After one Minute some command should
    be done. I used the timer object:

    var timer = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/timer;1"].
    createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsITimer);
    timer.initWithCallback(new TimerCallBack("yyy();"),
    1000,Components.interfaces.nsITimer.TYPE_REPEATING _PRECISE);

    My Problem is, that the timer is only firing one time, but i need a
    possibility to
    call yyy() every minute. Is this possible?

    Thanx

    Tim
    On 31 Aug., 10:38, ant_katcin wrote:
    > On 31 авг, 14:47, struggle82 wrote:

    > > > Yes, this is possible. What do you want know more?

    > > The questin is how i implement this?
    > > Where must it implemented, in the xul?

    > > Thanx

    > This should be implemented in javascript in window onload event.
    > Here you can create xul elements in dynamic.
    >
    > About time-controlled events - you can create a timer that will act
    > after some interval. So you should calcucate time in milliseconds
    > before event and install a timer.
    >
    > There is a two timers that can be used:
    > 1) simple javascript timer setTimeout();
    > 2) "@mozilla.org/timer;1" xpcom object

+ Reply to Thread