Hi

I am trying to build my XPCOM component, and the dump() function is
not working. I am using Firefox 3.0.13 release version on Debian 5.0
64-bit Linux.

I am having trouble debugging some sections where I am adding an
Observer for the xpcom-shutdown notification.

The dump() function is supposed to dump to the terminal as per the
mozilla documentation but it is not working as documented. I have made
the browser.dom.window.dump.enabled=true in the about:config, as per
the documentation but of no avail.

I am using Console2 extension and I can dump to the console using
Components.utils.reportError() but it does not work for dumping
anything during the xpcom-shutdown event.

Is there any tip that you can provide for me to read the dump() output
somewhere?

Thanks
Vikas