Get the extension's id - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Get the extension's id - Mozilla ; Hello Developers, From an extension, is it possible to access the extension's id programmatically ? I know its an odd question, because you got to know your extension's id. But we are prototyping a feature/library that extension developer's can embed. ...

  1. Get the extension's id

    Hello Developers,

    From an extension, is it possible to access the extension's id
    programmatically ? I know its an odd question, because you got to know
    your extension's id. But we are prototyping a feature/library that
    extension developer's can embed. There is another approach I have in
    mind, where I can ask the developer to provide the id as a param in
    the initialization. But want to make sure, first there isn't a known
    way around.

    Thanks!
    Vishal

  2. Re: Get the extension's id

    Thanks David! Good idea. I will check it out.

    On Aug 24, 1:18*pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
    > On 8/24/2009 11:39 AM, goldenv wrote:
    >
    > > Hello Developers,

    > > From an extension, is it possible to access the extension's id
    > > programmatically ? I know its an odd question, because you got to know
    > > your extension's id. But we are prototyping a feature/library that
    > > extension developer's can embed. There is another approach I have in
    > > mind, where I can ask the developer to provide the id as a param in
    > > the initialization. But want to make sure, first there isn't a known
    > > way around.

    > > Thanks!
    > > Vishal

    > You might look at how the PrefBar extension implements the Infolist
    > button. *PrefBar is at . *The Infolist is
    > not included in the base configuration but has to be added. *The button
    > is available at .
    >
    > From the More Buttons page:
    >
    > > *SeaMonkey InfoList Button 1.0
    > > Author: Manuel Reimer
    > > This button prints out a list of all installed extensions, ready
    > > for you to copy and paste into forums or wherever you need this
    > > information.
    > > SeaMonkey only!

    > --
    > David E. Ross
    >

    > Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    > extensions for Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, and other
    > Mozilla-related applications. *You can access Mozdev much
    > more quickly than you can Mozilla Add-Ons.

+ Reply to Thread