Website page search box context menu - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Website page search box context menu - Mozilla ; Ciao all, if you right-click on a search box within a website page, the context menu has an item titled: "Add a Keyword for this Search..." which lets you bookmark the search URL of the website. E.g., for Mozilla Add-ons ...

  1. Website page search box context menu

    Ciao all,

    if you right-click on a search box within a website page,
    the context menu has an item titled:

    "Add a Keyword for this Search..."

    which lets you bookmark the search URL of the website.
    E.g., for Mozilla Add-ons website, this is the URL saved:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...h?q=%s&cat=all

    Can someone please tell me how the data to compose
    the search URL is gathered? Or even better, is there a
    method from an object / XPCOM interface which an
    extension can invoke to get the search URL for the
    currently displayed website page?

    Million thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Website page search box context menu

    On Aug 19, 12:03*am, Malte Kraus wrote:
    > On 18.08.2009 23:29, marco wrote:> Can someone please tell me how the data to compose
    > > the search URL is gathered? Or even better, is there a
    > > method from an object / XPCOM interface which an
    > > extension can invoke to get the search URL for the
    > > currently displayed website page?

    > This is the method Firefox is using for this:http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-centr...ase/content/br...
    >
    > Malte

    Thanks a million Malte, spot on.