Drag&Drop fails in Firefox 3.5 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Drag&Drop fails in Firefox 3.5 - Mozilla ; Hi, In my extension I use the following code to handle Drag&Drop tree.addEventListener("draggesture", onDragGesture, true); tree.addEventListener("dragover", onDragOver, true); tree.addEventListener("dragdrop", onDragDrop, true); The code works fine for Firefox 2.x-3.0.* but in Firefox 3.5 onDragDrop function seems not being called at all. ...

  1. Drag&Drop fails in Firefox 3.5

    Hi,

    In my extension I use the following code to handle Drag&Drop

    tree.addEventListener("draggesture", onDragGesture, true);
    tree.addEventListener("dragover", onDragOver, true);
    tree.addEventListener("dragdrop", onDragDrop, true);

    The code works fine for Firefox 2.x-3.0.* but in Firefox 3.5
    onDragDrop function seems not being called at all. Reading release
    notes for 3.5 I failed to find what has broken my code.

    Could anyone point me to the right direction to solve the problem?

    Thanks,
    Denis

  2. Re: Drag&Drop fails in Firefox 3.5

    > In my extension I use the following code to handle Drag&Drop
    > tree.addEventListener("dragdrop", onDragDrop, true);
    >
    > The code works fine for Firefox 2.x-3.0.* but in Firefox 3.5
    > onDragDrop function seems not being called at all.

    https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DragDrop/Drag_and_Drop

    summary: the event is now called just "drop" instead of "dragdrop":

    tree.addEventListener("dragdrop", onDragDrop, true); // for FF3.1-
    tree.addEventListener("drop", onDragDrop, true); // for FF3.5+

    enjoy,
    -e
    Eric Shulman
    TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios