Intercepting a file upload - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Intercepting a file upload - Mozilla ; Hello, I'm new to Mozilla Firefox extension development, so before starting messing around, I'd like to know if it is possible to hook to a file upload dialog (the standard one) and manipulate the data stream before it is packed ...

  1. Intercepting a file upload

    Hello,

    I'm new to Mozilla Firefox extension development, so before starting
    messing around, I'd like to know if it is possible to hook to a file
    upload dialog (the standard one) and manipulate the data stream before
    it is packed as HTTP msg. Is it feasible and how ? I've not found any
    tutorial about interaction with existing dialogs so far.

    Thank you for your interest,

    F.A.

  2. Re: Intercepting a file upload

    On 2 juin, 23:00, unclejack0...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to Mozilla Firefox extension development, so before starting
    > messing around, I'd like to know if it is possible to hook to a file
    > upload dialog (the standard one) and manipulate the data stream before
    > it is packed as HTTP msg. Is it feasible and how ? I've not found any
    > tutorial about interaction with existing dialogs so far.
    >
    > Thank you for your interest,
    >
    > F.A.

    Yes you can with an observer "http-on-moidfy-request".
    https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Obs...#HTTP_requests
    You can see the source code of TamperData or Enigform :
    http://enigform.mozdev.org/

    E.D

+ Reply to Thread