Best practice? Unit tests for javascript in ff extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Best practice? Unit tests for javascript in ff extensions - Mozilla ; Hi, What would be the best way to write unit tests for an extension's java script code? I was thinking of a self-test button, which is visible only if a special property is set, in the options dialog. Pressing that ...

  1. Best practice? Unit tests for javascript in ff extensions

    Hi,

    What would be the best way to write unit tests for an extension's java
    script code? I was thinking of a self-test button, which is visible
    only if a special property is set, in the options dialog. Pressing
    that button would trigger a self-test that logs errors to the error
    console. Any other ideas,

    Regards

  2. Re: Best practice? Unit tests for javascript in ff extensions

    > What would be the best way to write unit tests for an extension's java
    > script code?

    I found the following tools:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/9925
    https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/6357
    http://fireunit.org/

    So my second question would be what people think about them?

+ Reply to Thread