modifying response - Mozilla

This is a discussion on modifying response - Mozilla ; Is it possible to modify the response (essentially, the body of the document), before it is parsed by firefox from the extension? Or if I already have a parsed document, to send it to the firefox internals to make it ...

  1. modifying response

    Is it possible to modify the response (essentially, the body of the
    document), before it is parsed by firefox from the extension? Or if I
    already have a parsed document, to send it to the firefox internals to
    make it seem like it was a regular page load?

  2. Re: modifying response

    On May 22, 8:19*am, Malte Kraus wrote:
    > On 21.05.2009 02:07, Iuri wrote:> Is it possible to modify the response (essentially, the body of the
    > > document), before it is parsed by firefox from the extension? Or if I
    > > already have a parsed document, to send it to the firefox internals to
    > > make it seem like it was a regular page load?

    > http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/f...channel-interc...
    >
    > --
    > Malte Kraus

    Thank you, I've read that blog before, however the problem is that I
    need the entire response before I can modify it. Is there a channel
    that I can dump my modified document to have it rendered (treated as
    if it was the original response)?

  3. Re: modifying response

    So basically I have a black box that takes a dom tree and returns a
    slightly modified dom tree. I need to take each page that the client
    is trying to view and filter it through that black box. Is that
    something that can be done from an extension?

+ Reply to Thread