How to call a servlet from an extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to call a servlet from an extension - Mozilla ; Hello, I have to do an extension which retrieve a "flux RSS" of this site ( http://www.lemonde.fr/rss/une.xml ) and retrieve informations about an article like the title for example and which display those informations in a beautiful way. I choose ...

  1. How to call a servlet from an extension

    Hello,

    I have to do an extension which retrieve a "flux RSS" of this site
    (http://www.lemonde.fr/rss/une.xml) and retrieve informations about an
    article like the title for example and which display those
    informations in a beautiful way.

    I choose to do a servlet which use an xsl file for the transformation
    of the article which is an xml file.

    But I don't know how to call this servlet from the extension.

    Can someone help me please.

    Best regards,

    Halem.

  2. Re: How to call a servlet from an extension

    On 18 avr, 21:06, Eric Jung wrote:
    > On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Halem wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I have to do an extension which retrieve a "flux RSS" of this site
    > > (http://www.lemonde.fr/rss/une.xml) and retrieve informations about an
    > > article like the title for example and which display those
    > > informations in a beautiful way.

    > > I choose to do a servlet which use an xsl file for the transformation
    > > of the article which is an xml file.

    > > But I don't know how to call this servlet from the extension.

    > > Can someone help me please.

    > Hi Halem,
    >
    > You can use XMLHttpRequest to get this information.https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Using_XMLHttpRequest
    >
    > Eric Jung