Context menu bookmarks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Context menu bookmarks - Mozilla ; I'd like to add some bookmarks to a context menu in my extension. The bookmarks do not exist in the default bookmarks. Would I use an RDF datasource for this? I've been studying the RDF tutorial docs but can't figure ...

  1. Context menu bookmarks

    I'd like to add some bookmarks to a context menu in my extension. The
    bookmarks do not exist in the default bookmarks.

    Would I use an RDF datasource for this?

    I've been studying the RDF tutorial docs but can't figure out how to
    go about it.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Context menu bookmarks

    On Apr 9, 3:09*am, Eric Jung wrote:
    > Bookmarks are no longer manipulated with RDF. Use this information instead:https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Places

    I'm not manipulating existing ("traditional") bookmarks. I need to
    populate a context menu with URLs. So there is the site name which
    shows in the menu, and the URL.

    I thought it would be templates using RDF datasources to do this?

    Thanks.

  3. Re: Context menu bookmarks

    On Apr 10, 2:50*am, Eric Jung wrote:

    > I really don't understand. You want to add items to the context-menu, I
    > think. How are those bookmarks? What do they have to do with bookmarks?

    To avoid confusion, let's just call the addresses URLs. I have a bunch
    of URLs and I want to populate a menu with them. However, the number
    of URLs will increase so I'd rather not hardcode them.

    The RDF tutorial examples have exactly what I need, but the examples
    use an old netscape.com link which is no longer valid so I can't see
    how it works and see the datasources.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread