My plugin does not load automatically - Mozilla

This is a discussion on My plugin does not load automatically - Mozilla ; Hi, I just completed my first Firefox-plugin. You can see it here: http://raumgeometrie.de/testplugin/gallery.html Itīs for displaying 3D files, especially those by the OpenSceneGraph library. Two problems arise: - when the plugin is not yet installed, the user cannot click on ...

  1. My plugin does not load automatically

    Hi,

    I just completed my first Firefox-plugin. You can see it here:

    http://raumgeometrie.de/testplugin/gallery.html

    Itīs for displaying 3D files, especially those by the OpenSceneGraph
    library.

    Two problems arise:

    - when the plugin is not yet installed, the user cannot click on the
    default-plugin to download the plugin, it must be downloaded via an
    extra link. This is even though I included the plugin-url in the embed-
    tag
    - I donīt know how to specify which mime-types the plugin can handle.
    It is forloading 3D files with extensions .ive and .osg, it could be
    used for others too (all filetypes that OpenSceneGraph support, such
    as .flt , .obj, .dae and so on).

    The plugin is written in c++, and follows the basic example in the
    firefox-source.

    Thanks for your help,

    Andreas

  2. Re: My plugin does not load automatically

    Hi again,

    I would have thought that those questions are not too difficult for
    experienced plugin-writers, so I still hope for an answer!

    Regards,

    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread