Launch googletalk.exe from Firefox extension. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Launch googletalk.exe from Firefox extension. - Mozilla ; I want to launch gtalk(googletalk.exe) when the user clicks on a button (saying launch gtalk). I am assuming the user already installed gtalk in the following location:"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe"....

  1. Launch googletalk.exe from Firefox extension.

    I want to launch gtalk(googletalk.exe) when the user clicks on a button
    (saying launch gtalk).

    I am assuming the user already installed gtalk in the following
    location:"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe".

  2. Re: Launch googletalk.exe from Firefox extension.

    On Nov 14, 6:31*pm, Brian King wrote:
    > soume...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I want to launch gtalk(googletalk.exe) when the user clicks on a button
    > > (saying launch gtalk).

    > > I am assuming the user already installed gtalk in the following
    > > location:"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe".

    > https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Cod...g_applications
    >
    > - Brian

    Thanks for your help. I am trying this on Vista with UAC(User Account
    Control) on. I am not able to run the googletalk.exe. It throws a
    "ns_error_file_execution_failed" error.
    It does not even show the UAC message asking the user whether he wants
    to run the exe or not. Is there any way to make sure it shows the UAC
    message??

+ Reply to Thread