Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0 - Mozilla ; I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But now, when I try to send an email I get this message: Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP ...

  1. Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0

    I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But
    now, when I try to send an email I get this message:
    Sending of message failed.
    An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server
    smtp.earthlink.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but
    you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password'
    for that server or contact your service provider.

    I'm using Earthlink.net and have tried to figure out how to correct
    this but to no avail. They're not interested in helping problems with
    Seamonkey.

  2. Re: Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0

    On Dec 21, 12:54*pm, marstokyo wrote:
    > I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But
    > now, when I try to send an email I get this message:
    > Sending of message failed.
    > An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server
    > smtp.earthlink.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but
    > you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password'
    > for that server or contact your service provider.
    >
    > I'm using Earthlink.net and have tried to figure out how to correct
    > this but to no avail. They're not interested in helping problems with
    > Seamonkey.

    I use smtpauth.earthlink.net for sending mail. Look toward the bottom
    of the page from Earthlink knowledge base for setting up Thunderbird;
    it's similar: http://kb.earthlink.net/case.asp?article=127339 You do
    need username and password, make sure the port is 587. I've got "Use
    secure authentication" checked with "Connection security: None" and it
    works for me. Maybe unchecking that would also work, idk.

+ Reply to Thread