seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing - Mozilla ; I noticed yesterday and today while in compose a mail message that I will sometimes freeze up. I happens while I am typing the recipient address. I cannot exit the application. Have to go to Task Manager to kill Seamonkey ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing

  1. seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing

    I noticed yesterday and today while in compose a mail message that I
    will sometimes freeze up. I happens while I am typing the recipient
    address. I cannot exit the application. Have to go to Task Manager to
    kill Seamonkey and restart application. Happened on my machine at home
    last night once or twice. Happend repeatedly this am at work. I
    restarted machine from cold start. Happened again three times in a row
    when composing a message just a few minutes ago (late afternoon).
    Anyone seen this? I am suspicious of something in this auto update
    that just applied. Thanks for any suggestions.

  2. Re: seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing

    On 19 pro, 03:40, Farelf wrote:
    > rich904 wrote:
    > > I noticed yesterday and today while in compose a mail message that I
    > > will sometimes freeze up. I happens while I am typing the recipient
    > > address. I cannot exit the application. Have to go to Task Manager to
    > > kill Seamonkey and restart application. Happened on my machine at home
    > > last night once or twice. Happend repeatedly this am at work. I
    > > restarted machine from cold start. Happened again three times in a row
    > > when composing a message just a few minutes ago (late afternoon).
    > > Anyone seen this? I am suspicious of something in this auto update
    > > that just applied. Thanks for any suggestions.

    >
    > Same problem for me (on home computer) was caused by autocomplete
    > referencing the OE address book. *'Solved' by removing the .wab file -
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
    > Book\Admin.wab
    >
    > May be a touch more complicated with work computer and addressbooks on
    > server. *There have been 2 previous threads (at least) started on this.
    > * Perhaps there are clues about the server solution there (there weren't
    > when last I looked but ...).


    Thanks. i have the same problem and removing the .wab file helped me
    too. Of course, autocomplete is no longer working after this
    amputation....

+ Reply to Thread