Have to click 5 - 30 times to get to a web site - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Have to click 5 - 30 times to get to a web site - Mozilla ; I am running Windows 7 (direct install, not the upgrade) on an I7 920 chip, MSI SLI X58 chip MOBO. I disabled the IPV6 protocol because of the internet failing to start. This problem was occuring in Vista SP2, and ...

  1. Have to click 5 - 30 times to get to a web site

    I am running Windows 7 (direct install, not the upgrade) on an I7 920
    chip, MSI SLI X58 chip MOBO. I disabled the IPV6 protocol because of
    the internet failing to start.

    This problem was occuring in Vista SP2, and now in Windows 7. When I
    try to go to a web site I have to click on the bookmark anywhere
    between 5 - 30 times before it finally goes through to the site. I am
    talking sites such as Yahoo, Google, EBay, etc.

    I am using SeaMonkey 2.0. I have tried FireFox 3.5.5 with the same
    results. My wife's computer (XP, SeaMonkey 1.17) and mine are
    connected through a router to coble internet and she does not have
    this problem.

    Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Have to click 5 - 30 times to get to a web site

    Campy wrote:
    >[...]I am talking sites such as Yahoo, Google, EBay, etc.
    >[...]My wife's computer (XP, SeaMonkey 1.17) and mine
    >are connected through a router to coble internet
    >and she does not have this problem.

    Make your DNS settings the same as hers?
    http://google.com/search?q=%22+Troubleshoot.DNS

+ Reply to Thread