Problem sending emails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem sending emails - Mozilla ; Hi! I'm helping a friend of mine. Until now he was using the old mozilla suite... (argh!). I just installed Seamonkey 1.1.18 and have some little problems when I'm sending mails with attachements. Also installed on this computer is the ...

  1. Problem sending emails

    Hi!

    I'm helping a friend of mine. Until now he was using the old mozilla
    suite... (argh!). I just installed Seamonkey 1.1.18 and have some
    little problems when I'm sending mails with attachements. Also
    installed on this computer is the latest GData Antivirus software
    which scans outgoing mails.

    So now when I send a mail with a large attachement, seamonkey takes
    some time sending the mail. But in the end the mail is not sent and I
    get an error message (smtp server error). When I turn off the email
    check in GData Antivirus everything works just fine.

    My friend is a little bit paranoid about computer viruses and wants to
    ckeck outgoing mails. So what can be done to solve this problem? Is it
    a known problem? As I said before, he was using the old mozilla which
    did not have this problem at all.

  2. Re: Problem sending emails

    On 29 Sep., 18:32, Jordon wrote:
    > jnmayer wrote:
    > > So now when I send a mail with a large attachement, seamonkey takes
    > > some time sending the mail. But in the end the mail is not sent and I
    > > get an error message (smtp server error). When I turn off the email
    > > check in GData Antivirus everything works just fine.

    > > My friend is a little bit paranoid about computer viruses and wants to
    > > ckeck outgoing mails. So what can be done to solve this problem? Is it
    > > a known problem? As I said before, he was using the old mozilla which
    > > did not have this problem at all.

    > I've never placed that much importance on scanning
    > outgoing mail. If outgoing mail has a virus you have
    > bigger problems. How did it get there in the first
    > place and why didn't the anti-virus program detect
    > it when it arrived?

    You have mistaken me. There is no virus in the attachement! But when
    GData tries to scan for infections, Seamonkey doesn't send the mail.

    Jürgen

+ Reply to Thread