Problems with Google Maps - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems with Google Maps - Mozilla ; Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google Maps. The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse dragging do not work either I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems ...

  1. Problems with Google Maps

    Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google Maps.
    The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse dragging do
    not work either

    I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems to be ok when
    used with IE browser. I've fkushed the cache and removed cookies but
    to no avail. Any ideas please?

  2. Re: Problems with Google Maps

    On 18 May, 00:15, robert.ga...@att.net wrote:
    > Frank Booth Snr wrote:
    > > Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google Maps.
    > > The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse dragging do
    > > not work either

    > > I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems to be ok when
    > > used with IE browser. I've fkushed the cache and removed cookies but
    > > to no avail. Any ideas please?

    > It works for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.16 so you might want to update your
    > version.
    >
    > If you ware using dial-up as I am, it takes a LONG time for the maps to
    > load. Until loading is finished, dragging is not possible and the
    > pointer is an arrow not a hand.

    I also use dialup so Iknow ir takes a while. I've tried other maps
    (not Google ones) and it's the same problem. The maps start to load or
    even look fully loaded then the loading stops. I've also noticed that
    with Seamonkey if I try to post on usenet the verification character
    box does not appear either, so cannot post on this browser any longer.
    Something is blocking a few sites, though nearly all sites work fine.
    I've trawled through Edit/Otrefs but cannot find anything ubusual.

  3. Re: Problems with Google Maps

    On 17 Mai, 22:52, Frank Booth Snr wrote:
    > Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google Maps.
    > The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse dragging do
    > not work either
    >
    > I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems to be ok when
    > used with IE browser. I've fkushed the cache and removed cookies but
    > to no avail. Any ideas please?

    Maybe two things:

    - for proper loading googlemaps you have to enable "loading all (!)
    images" in the security settings (the exact terms may be different, I
    use the german version).
    - if you use some add-ons like "NoScript" you should allow google to
    use scripts.

    Rupert

  4. Re: Problems with Google Maps

    On 20 May, 00:51, "Roger Fink" wrote:
    > Frank Booth Snr wrote:

    > >> It works for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.16 so you might want to update
    > >> your version.

    > >> If you ware using dial-up as I am, it takes a LONG time for the maps
    > >> to load. Until loading is finished, dragging is not possible and the
    > >> pointer is an arrow not a hand.

    > > I also use dialup so Iknow ir takes a while. I've tried other maps
    > > (not Google ones) and it's the same problem. The maps start to load or
    > > even look fully loaded then the loading stops. I've also noticed that
    > > with Seamonkey if I try to post on usenet the verification character
    > > box does not appear either, so cannot post on this browser any longer.
    > > Something is blocking a few sites, though nearly all sites work fine.
    > > I've trawled through Edit/Otrefs but cannot find anything ubusual.

    > FWIW Google Maps is "broken" in my version of SeaMonkey as well (1.1.9). SM
    > is still my default browser, but I downloaded Firefox 3.x for applications
    > that don't don't work in SM, and haven't had a problem. Hopefully SM v.2
    > will fix things. There definitely is a problem there, IMO.

    I've cracked it now. It appears to have been caused by Zone Alarm's
    Spyblocker. Having removed this from my PC all seems to be working
    fine. Perhaps though this indicates there is a 'spyware' problem with
    Google and YouTube and few other websites which is a worry.

+ Reply to Thread