Philip Chee wrote:
> Here is another alternative.
> First install xSidebar for SeaMonkey:
> Then install Scrapbook for SeaMonkey:
> Scrapbook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and
> easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy
> and multi-language support. Major features are:
> * Save Web page
> * Save snippet of Web page
> * Save Web site (In-depth Capture)
> * Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks tree
> * Highlighter, Eraser and various page editing tools
> * Full text search and quick filtering search
> * Text edit feature resembling Opera's Notes

That's nice, but the things I want to know right away are:
Does it produce a single file per page?
What is the file format?
Are the files compressed?
Can the files be used with other browsers?

In that regard, the author's pages

Here's something I found when investigating
whether Gecko supports Microsoft's *.MHT format
That page says Firefox 3 is supported--but no other browser details.

This thing has supported MHT since at least Oct 13, 2004
(when the old core was used),
so it makes me wonder what engines it currently supports.

The **big** thing is that it can also use
NON-proprietary Mozilla Archive Format
(which are zipped files that **can** be used with ANY browser).