553 Could not create file. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 553 Could not create file. - Mozilla ; When I finish editing a page and then go to publish it I get an error saying "553 Could not create file." I have entered in all of the FTP settings and it successfully publishes the images, but not the ...

  1. 553 Could not create file.

    When I finish editing a page and then go to publish it I get an error
    saying "553 Could not create file." I have entered in all of the FTP
    settings and it successfully publishes the images, but not the HTML
    file?

    Any Ideas?

  2. Re: 553 Could not create file.

    On Mar 25, 11:43 am, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"
    wrote:
    > Plaza wrote:
    > > When I finish editing a page and then go to publish it I get an error
    > > saying "553 Could not create file." I have entered in all of the FTP
    > > settings and it successfully publishes the images, but not the HTML
    > > file?

    > > Any Ideas?

    > http://help.globalscape.com/help/cut...d_FTP_status_a...
    >
    > Do you have any spaces in the file name?
    >
    > --
    > -Rinaldi-
    > To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide
    > a test load.

    I have no spaces in the file name.

  3. Re: 553 Could not create file.

    On Mar 25, 1:11 pm, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"
    wrote:
    > Plaza wrote:
    > > On Mar 25, 11:43 am, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"
    > > wrote:

    > >>http://help.globalscape.com/help/cut...d_FTP_status_a...

    > >> Do you have any spaces in the file name?

    > >> --
    > >> -Rinaldi-
    > >> To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide
    > >> a test load.

    > > I have no spaces in the file name.

    > Whatever the name of the file, try renaming it to index.html and re-publish.
    >
    > --
    > -Rinaldi-
    > It wasn't that she had a rose in her teeth, exactly. It was more like
    > the rose and the teeth were in the same glass.

    That did not work either.

  4. Re: 553 Could not create file.

    On Mar 25, 2:53 pm, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"
    wrote:
    > Plaza wrote:
    > > On Mar 25, 1:11 pm, "Rinaldi J. Montessi"
    > > wrote:

    > >> Whatever the name of the file, try renaming it to index.html and re-publish.

    > >> --
    > >> -Rinaldi-
    > >> It wasn't that she had a rose in her teeth, exactly. It was more like
    > >> the rose and the teeth were in the same glass.

    > > That did not work either.

    > Can I assume you are trying to publish toftp://ftp.neuideas.com? If
    > you go to that link and enter your username and password it should give
    > you a listing of what is already on the site. Are you trying to
    > overwrite an existing file? Have you tried to use a regular ftp client
    > to post your data? Your UA doesn't tell me what OS you are using, so
    > I'm fishing a little.
    >
    > --
    > -Rinaldi-
    > The herd instinct among economists makes sheep look like independent
    > thinkers.

    No, it's for another website...but we are able to use FTP fine. Wierd
    that we can upload the images using sea monkey, but not the html?

+ Reply to Thread