Localhost Server Certificate Expired - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Localhost Server Certificate Expired - Mozilla ; When I attempt to send an email note I get a box that looks like: Server Certificate Expired "localhost" is a site that uses a security certificate to encrypt data during transmission, but its certificate expired on 2004/03/06 11:10 AM.... ...

  1. Localhost Server Certificate Expired

    When I attempt to send an email note I get a box that looks like:

    Server Certificate Expired

    "localhost" is a site that uses a security certificate to encrypt data
    during transmission, but its certificate expired on 2004/03/06 11:10
    AM....

    This just started happening and is a real pain. I'm using 1.1.14 on
    Windows XP SP3. Any suggestions to correct this problem?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Localhost Server Certificate Expired

    On Feb 19, 7:25 pm, nr wrote:
    > When I attempt to send an email note I get a box that looks like:
    >
    > Server Certificate Expired
    >
    > "localhost" is a site that uses a security certificate to encrypt data
    > during transmission, but its certificate expired on 2004/03/06 11:10
    > AM....
    >
    > This just started happening and is a real pain. I'm using 1.1.14 on
    > Windows XP SP3. Any suggestions to correct this problem?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    A followup:

    I spoke with my ISP (Charter) hoping they'd be able to help, but no
    such luck.

    I did notice that in my Mail and Newsgroup Setting box for SMTP Server
    the Use secure connection: was set to 'TLS, if available.' I changed
    this to 'No' and could send emails without the Server Certificate
    Expired box appearing.

    Can I get a replacement for the localhosts certificate, or edit it to
    correct the date?

+ Reply to Thread