On Jan 24, 12:14*am, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 1/23/2010 8:40 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>

> > It looks like cleaning up some plugins helped--not sure yet--but I'll
> > look at it with an open mind.

> > I don't have a good idea how, but somehow, when a major release comes
> > out the add-ons need to be re-certified or disconnected until they are.

> > With some release notes words about the situation.

> > The Java Consoles things apparently tried to do the right thing, but
> > fell down.

> > And lastly--to clarify my curmudgnity: I made the upgrade because the
> > security folks said I should. I didn't sign up for near two days of
> > application hassles--the security hassles is what it was about.

> > There needs to be a path where security updates can be made without
> > changing everything in the world except the lock on the door.

> > Thanks all.

> It certainly is no slower now, and indeed may be quicker for some thins.
>
> I'm thinking that java consoles thing may have been hurting worse than I
> realized.
>
> I wonder were it came from--doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd do
> unless it predated NoScript in my efforts to regain control of my machine..
>
> --
> "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
> take everything you have."
>
> Remember: *The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.
>
> Requiescas in pace o email
> Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
> Eppure si rinfresca
>
> ICBM Targeting Information: *http://tinyurl.com/4sqczshttp://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Good to hear that it looks like you've narrowed the problem down. As
a FYI in the meantime, you should have posted this reply under your
original thread rather than starting a new one. This causes the
threaded discussion to be disjointed and difficult to follow. And
later if someone Googles the problem and hits the first thread, they
likely will not see what was posted in the new thread.

JB