FF not supported in Google, why? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF not supported in Google, why? - Mozilla ; Hi, I am using FF 3.5.7 in an XP SP3 machine. Since sometime back, I presume after I updated FF either last time or the time before that, all Google applications like Mail, Docs, Calendar, come up with a message ...

  1. FF not supported in Google, why?

    Hi, I am using FF 3.5.7 in an XP SP3 machine.

    Since sometime back, I presume after I updated FF either last time or
    the time before that, all Google applications like Mail, Docs,
    Calendar, come up with a message that the browser is not supported.
    Mail and Calendar allow me to use the application with some
    restrictions, but Doc just lets me see the document but does not allow
    me to edit.

    I have IE Tab Add-on in my FF browser. If I switch to IE tab they all
    work, but I am having to logon again.

    Why am I getting this message and what do I need to do for Google to
    work properly in my FF.

    Thank you very much...

  2. Re: FF not supported in Google, why?

    On Jan 22, 1:54*pm, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > To fix the problem, try the instructions at

    This fixed the problem, thanks Chris, I appreciate it!

    -- Dileepan

  3. Re: FF not supported in Google, why?

    On Jan 22, 5:59*pm, Gus Richter wrote:
    > On 1/22/2010 2:05 PM, pdileepan wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 22, 1:54 pm, Chris Ilias *wrote:

    > >> To fix the problem, try the instructions at
    > >>

    > > This fixed the problem, thanks Chris, I appreciate it!

    > > -- Dileepan

    > How can a non-helpful, completely unrelated answer be of any help - that
    > in a Firefox Group the reporting of your weird User Agent for
    > Thunderbird is supposed to help you with your Firefox problem?!
    >
    > --
    > Gus

    He was posting via Google Groups. So his user-agent in the header was
    that of his browser, not Thunderbird. Hence the advice was 100% on
    the mark, not completely unrelated as you suggest.

    JB

+ Reply to Thread