Bookmarks.html File - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Bookmarks.html File - Mozilla ; I am using FF 3.5.7 on an iMac running Tiger 10.4.11. When I go to the Profile folder, I can't seem to locate the "bookmark.html" file, it usually has the Firefox icon on it. I just want to copy it ...

  1. Bookmarks.html File

    I am using FF 3.5.7 on an iMac running Tiger 10.4.11. When I go to the
    Profile folder, I can't seem to locate the "bookmark.html" file, it
    usually has the Firefox icon on it. I just want to copy it onto a usb
    key. It was always visible in FF2. Thanks, Ken.

  2. Re: Bookmarks.html File

    On Jan 19, 8:51*am, David Pyles wrote:
    > pixturesk wrote:
    > > I am using FF 3.5.7 on an iMac running Tiger 10.4.11. When I go to the
    > > Profile folder, I can't seem to locate the "bookmark.html" file, it
    > > usually has the Firefox icon on it. I just want to copy it onto a usb
    > > key. It was always visible in FF2. Thanks, Ken.

    > Firefox no longer stores bookmarks in bookmarks.html. *It now stores
    > them in a database called places.sqlite. *You can make Firefox export a
    > bookmarks.html file on exit by typing about:congig into the URL bar and
    > searching for browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML. *Double click on it to
    > toggle it to "True" then close the browser. *You should then be able to
    > find a bookmarks.html file in your profile folder.
    > Dave Pyles

    Hi Dave. Thanks so much, works perfectly.

  3. Re: Bookmarks.html File

    On Jan 19, 12:05*pm, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "pixturesk" wrote in messagenews:bf3ae9e1-27c5-4c91-903d-920562c8c4a1@o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

    > >> Firefox no longer stores bookmarks in bookmarks.html. *It now stores
    > >> them in a database called places.sqlite. *You can make Firefox export a
    > >> bookmarks.html file on exit by typing about:config into the URL bar and
    > >> searching for browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML. *Double click on it to
    > >> toggle it to "True" then close the browser. *You should then be ableto
    > >> find a bookmarks.html file in your profile folder.
    > >> Dave Pyles

    > > Hi Dave. Thanks so much, works perfectly.

    > Good you got it working for you, *a little less work unless *you
    > run a *.bat file form the USB drive would be...
    >
    > If the purpose is simply to put a readable copy of bookmarks onto
    > your USB thumb drive, * I'd just got to Library *(Ctrl+Shift+B, or thru
    > Bookmarks, Organize) then from "Import and *Backup" menu,
    > "Export HTML" *then your readable copy will be as up to date as possible
    > and you would not be adding an unnecessary file to your profile. * As far
    > as backing up *and restoring bookmarks the best way is from any of *the
    > five days of backups. * *
    > * *http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up...arks_-_Firefox
    > If you had an extension to sort bookmarks before you need one correctly
    > written for Firefox 3 *and that would be "Sort Places" *extension, *see
    > * *http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_an...arks_-_Firefox

    Hi Dave. I am not much of a techie so your fix was fine. I also have a
    PC + run Puppy Linux live CD from my PC. The PC + Linux run Firefox 2
    because of insufficient system + OS specs. I can take the FF3
    bookmarks.html file, copy it to the profile folders on the PC + Linux,
    then get a window asking if I want to replace the old file with this
    new file, I say "yes", FF2 will then start to use my new
    bookmarks.html file. The same appears not to work in FF3. It just
    works. Thanks, Ken.

+ Reply to Thread