Re: firefox 3.5.7 not closing properly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: firefox 3.5.7 not closing properly - Mozilla ; It's Ghostery. I'm fighting with this close and stay memory resident for a couple of days now. 2 different systems (Seven x64 and XP 32 SP2) both with problems after upgrade to 3.5.7. Today I find this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1376582 and I've ...

  1. Re: firefox 3.5.7 not closing properly

    It's Ghostery. I'm fighting with this close and stay memory resident
    for a couple of days now. 2 different systems (Seven x64 and XP 32
    SP2) both with problems after upgrade to 3.5.7.
    Today I find this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1376582 and
    I've uninstalled the add-on completely. Everything is smooth like silk
    now, just like before.
    Now I'm tired, I'll try tomorrow to reinstall it again and see if it
    works again. They say that disable it, close Firefox and enable it
    again should be enough to get rid of the problem.

  2. Re: firefox 3.5.7 not closing properly

    OK, in my case Ghostery was the culprit. Yesterday I've uninstalled at
    home (Seven x64) and everything is back to normal. Today I've
    uninstalled at work (XP 32 SP2) and everything is fine again.
    Good luck for you.

+ Reply to Thread